History of Neely Mallards
Mighty Mallards - 30 Years Strong
The Neely Farm Mallards began the Summer of 1988. At the time, less than 30% of the homes in Neely Farm were complete, but approximately 50 kids came out to swim that inaugural season. They joined forces with 30 other swimmers from Peachtree Plantation West and Spalding Glen and competed in the Sandy Springs Swim Association (SSSA).
The Neely Farm team had grown to 100 kids, so the team broke away from the other subdivisons and joined the Dekalb/Atlanta Swim and Dive League.
The Neely Farm Mallards swam in the Gwinnett County Swim League (GCSL) from 2003 to 2006. In 2007, the Neely Mallards moved to the Atlanta Swim Association (ASA).
Volunteer Swim Coordinators
- 1988 - 1994: Kathy Hobbs & Terri Skurky
- 1995: Patty Jordan and Vicki Veal
- 1996: Betsy Dodson
- 1997: Robert Armstrong
- 1998: Madeline Fagan & Liz McCall
- 1999: Jeri Bernstein & Jan Lupuloff
- 2000: Nancy Alexander & Kevin Jennings
- 2001: Nancy Alexander, Kevin Jennings, & Gayle Brett
- 2002: Janet Battell & Laura Tate
- 2003: Betsy Ciccotello & Lynne Middleton
- 2004: Donna Capazzoli, Erin Koch, & Kitty Moots
- 2005: Donna Capazzoli & Erin Koch
- 2006: Erin Koch
- 2007 - 2009: Kevin Jennings
- 2010 - 2011: Maureen McIvor
- 2012 - 2014: Katie Bush
- 2015 - 2016: Karen Rapkin