Neely Ducklings Swim Program
The Neely Ducklings Program is for beginner swimmers seven years and younger (as of June 1, 2018) who do not meet the minimum requirements for the Neely Mallards Swim Team. The minimum requirements of the Mallards Swim Team are to swim the length of the pool (25yds) unassisted in three minutes or less.
The goal of the Ducklings program is for the participants to swim across the pool, unassisted, by the end of the season. For swimmers, aged 3 and 4, who may not be able to swim across the pool unassisted, they will swim across the pool with their coach's assistance. This program is NOT intended for children who are fearful of water. Participants must be comfortable in the water and be INDEPENDENT of their parents. If your child is not comfortable in the water, please consider enrolling him/her in the private lessons taught by Coach Madison. You may contact her directly at email@example.com.
Neely Ducklings Program Details
- Participants in the Ducklings swim program will be assessed by Coach Madison and placed into practice groups based on skill level, not age.
- Water safety and proper stroke technique will be taught for both freestyle and backstroke at varying levels for each group.
- Practice will be 30 minutes, Monday through Wednesday. Maximum class size will be 10 swimmers, with a Lead Coach and two assistant coaches. This is a four week program.
- All participants will participate in an Exhibition Swim at the last home swim meet.
- Each participant will receive a Neely Mallards Swim Team t-shirt.
Registration fee: $100 per swimmer
Evaluation date: May 18th. Coach Madison will contact you after we receive your registration to set up a time.
Session dates: May 29-31, Jun 4 - 6; Jun 11 - 14; Jun 18 - 20;
We will only have 4 weather make-ups: Fridays, Jun 1, 8, 15, & 22 at 11:30am.
Session times: 8:00 - 8:30am
Exhibition Swim Meet: Last home meet: Date TBA at 5:00pm.