Neely Ducklings Swim Program
The Neely Ducklings Program is for beginner swimmers aged seven years and younger (as of May 31) who do not meet the minimum requirements for the Neely Mallards Swim Team. To meet the minimum requirements, swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) unassisted in three minutes or less.
The goal of the Ducklings program is to have participants swim the length of the pool, unassisted, by the end of the season. Swimmers, aged 3 and 4, who may not be able to complete the swim unassisted, will swim across the pool with their coach's assistance. This program is NOT intended for children who are fearful of water. Participants must be comfortable in the water and be INDEPENDENT of their parents. If your child is not comfortable in the water, please consider enrolling him or her in private lessons taught by Coach Henry. You may contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Neely Ducklings Program Details
- Participants in the Ducklings swim program will be assessed by Coach Henry and placed into practice groups based on skill level, not age.
- Water safety and proper stroke technique will be taught for both freestyle and backstroke at varying levels for each group.
- This is a four week program. Practice will be 30 minutes, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, except for Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day).
- Maximum Duckling to Coach ratio will be 4.
- All participants will have the option to participate in an Exhibition Swim at the last Home swim meet of the season (dependent upon final meet schedule).
- Each participant will receive a Neely Mallards Swim Team t-shirt.
Registration fee: $110 per swimmer
Duckling Evaluation: Coach Henry will assess Ducklings and place in practice lanes based on ability, not age.
- May 26, 27 & 28 (8:00 - 8:30 only on the 28),
- Jun 1, 2 & 3;
- Jun 8, 9 & 10;
- Jun 15, 16 & 17;
We will have only four weather make-ups: Fridays, May 29, June 5, 12, 19 from 8:15 to 8:45 am
Session times: 8:00 - 8:30 am, OR 5:30 - 6:00 pm
Exhibition Swim Meet: Last home swim meet of the season. Tentatively scheduled for June 18 at 5:00 pm.
Registration for the 2020 Ducklings Swim Program opens Wednesday, April 1. Please contact Christine Stewart at email@example.com with additional questions.