Banquet RSVP, Meet, Divisionals
Greetings Neely Swim Families!
Congratulations swimmers on the win against Pinewalk and thank you, parents, for all your volunteer efforts!!
We currently have 135 total responses for the End of Season Swim Banquet. If you have not yet responded, but would like to attend, please RSVP HERE. We will close the RSVP sign up at noon Sunday, June 23rd in order to finalize the menu. If you miss the deadline, but would still like to attend, you may do so, but we will not be able to feed you! Please respond NOW if you would like to attend! I will post the pot-luck and volunteer signups by Monday. Please remember if you’re attending, you’ll need to bring a dish and work a session (they’re all short).
Swimmers will have a short practice schedule this week. They will have a regular practice Monday, June 24th, a short practice Tuesday, June 25th (meet day), and Wacky Wednesday on Wednesday, June 26th. No practice Thursday the 27th or Friday the 28th. If your swimmers are swimming in Divisionals, please have them REST Thursday morning.
Our final swim meet of the season will be AWAY at Doublegate (9880 Twingate Drive, Johns Creek, GA 30022) TUESDAY, June 25th. The theme for the meet will be Red, White, and Blue. Pull out your Fourth of July gear and show your team spirit! Swimmers should plan to arrive by 4:15 pm; volunteers, please be there no later than 5:00 pm. Please RSVP for the meet HERE if you’ve not already done so. We need all RSVP’s no later than NOON, Sunday, June 23rd!
Details on ASA Divisionals:
- Thursday, June 27th, Georgia Tech Campus Recreation Center, 750 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, 30318,
- Arrival time: 1:00 pm
- Warm up time: 1:50 pm.
- Our session will start at 3:00 pm.
- Please send your swimmers with a sandwich, water or Gatorade, and some healthy snacks. The Tech pool is cold; swimmers will need to refuel after each race.
- Our bullpen will be ON THE POOL DECK. Look for the Neely Mallards banner. Swimmers may take the stairs under the scoreboard down to the deck.
- Note that parents are NOT allowed on the pool deck. Period. This is a non-negotiable ASA rule put in place for swimmer safety. If you break the rule; you will be asked to leave. If you really MUST be on the pool deck, sign up to be a Mallards bullpen volunteer.
- Get your parking pass HERE. Only pass holders will be allowed to park in the deck adjacent to the aquatics center or across the street. Cars without a pass will need to park elsewhere on campus.
- Our Divisional session is Session 4. Go HERE to find Meet Entries, the Psych Sheet, and later in the week, the Heat Sheet.
- The ASA has asked us to provide 2 Girls Pool Timers, 1 Awards Worker, 1 ASA Girls Bullpen Worker and 1 ASA Boys Bullpen Worker. The signup is available HERE. Thank you in advance for filling one of these shifts! They cannot run the meet without volunteers!!
- Please familiarize yourself with the rules governing seating, restrooms, and the pool deck at Georgia Tech. I’ve uploaded them HERE. They are different and much more stringent than in prior years. Also note that Tech will have security personnel at this meet.
- Lastly, if your swimmer is swimming at Divisionals and will NOT be able to return for Finals, should they qualify, please let Coach Madison know by Monday!
After Divisionals, we will meet for a final team dinner at Babalus Tapas & Tacos (33 Peachtree Place NE, Atlanta, 30309). We currently have 28 swimmers and parents signed up to attend. If you plan to attend, please RSVP HERE by 5:00 pm Monday so I can give them an accurate count.
If you have additional questions or I’ve forgotten something, please email me.
Thank you, and see you at the pool!