Atlanta Swim Association
The Neely Mallards Swim Team participates in the Atlanta Swim Association (ASA) league. The league consists of almost 120 teams, totaling more than 4,800 kids and teenagers competing.
“Summer swimming started as a grassroots effort between a few teams,” said Matt Murphy, marketing director of Atlanta Swim Association. “As swim and tennis communities have developed across Atlanta, it’s really grown. Summer swimming has emerged as a great arena for kids to learn about swimming and a fun way for them to get fit.”
Click HERE to visit the website.
ASA Rules Governing Divisionals
New Rules and Regulations at Georgia Tech
From Franke Marsden
There are a number of new rules and regulations at Georgia Tech. These are designed to enhance the safety of the event and comply with the requirements of the facility as well as follow with Safe Sport rules that are becoming a part of all youth sports. Several of these are departures from what you have been able to do in the past. Your cooperation is key in our ability to continue to host our championship at Georgia Tech.
- Keep Aisle Ways Clear - The aisle ways in the spectator area must be kept clear at all times. If you are in the spectator gallery you need to go to your seat. You can't stand in the area behind disabled seating in between the upper and lower seating areas. We will have security guards in that area instructing people about this, so follow their instructions.
- Locker Rooms/Bathrooms - The locker room restrooms located directly off of the pool deck are for SWIMMERS ONLY. Coaches, age 18 or older, meet workers/volunteers, or anyone age 18 or older must use the restrooms located by the diving well, any of the upstairs restrooms, or the other locker facility located by the lower lobby of the CRC. This will specifically apply to teams who want to have coaches or adults take swimmers through the boys locker room by the boys bullpen. That staging area must be accessed by the doors by the timing and scoring room.
- Team Seating - We will be sending out the locations of team seating later this week for each session, but we will have more teams being allowed to sit on the deck. Any teams seated upstairs for their team areas will only be allowed to sit over the diving well. Teams may not set up their team areas in any of the seats located over the 50 m competition pool. Additionally, the seating area over the diving well is for team seating only. Please remind your parents to sit in the spectator seats during competition and not in the team areas unless they are specifically there as volunteers to help supervise the swimmers in that area.
- Follow Instructions from Event Staff - Every event and every team has a parent or two who feels they are more special than everyone else and that rules don't apply to them. These rules apply to all of us, anyone that wants to impress the event staff with how important they are and how rules don't apply to them will be subject to a lovely pair of stainless steel bracelets and a free ride in a police cruiser. Don't be that person.
- I sent these earlier, but here is a full rundown of the rules and regulations of the CRC: